Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pent up energy!

Today (Tuesday) was a good day. She had visitors this morning and turned into a little nutter, since it had been the first time she had been outside since yesterday afternoon.

Then she got to spend two hours outside. We worked on the tarp and leading. She was terrified of the tarp when it was on the ground, so I'm going to put it outside her stall when we go outside, so that she has one choice: go over the tarp to go outside. Then we'll try to make it a fun game outside. It's much easier when there are two people there, by yourself it can get a little overwhelming. Tomorrow (if the weather is good in the morning) we will load her on the trailer and feed her there. She's already getting stubborn about things, so I need to get all the basics and desensitizing done by the end of the month. Trailer loading is my big thing, since Luna doesn't load. In the next few days, I'll be making scary contraptions with pool noodles, balloons, streamers, flags and bandanas. Hopefully with all the big horses watching the baby, they'll realize what chickens they are! ;) I can only hope...

After we got done doing "work", she had over an hour to just be a baby. She enjoyed running, eating grass and helping me collect rocks from the pasture.


I promise I will have an online photo album up and running ASAP, for those who are not on Facebook. For those who are on Facebook, I promise to upload more on her fan page daily.

In the next month, I am going to try to do a fundraiser on Izzy's behalf to help raise money to geld these stallions so that no more mares can be put at risk. The situation where I got Izzy is not the best situation and something really needs to be done. A mare died a few weeks ago while foaling, mares are starting to be inbred and foals are not getting enough milk or are born with defects. I'll keep you guys posted on any fundraising we decide to do.

PS - For any donors who have not received their note and picture, please email me your mailing address at: equine.success@yahoo.com so I can get those to you right away!

Oooooh...and if you're interested in volunteering or taking a feeding/babysitting shift, email me at the above email address to set something up!

No comments:

Post a Comment