Friday, April 22, 2011

Izzy's Dad, Videos and Updates

So I wanted to post a picture of Izzy's sire, I haven't been able to find a picture of her dam though. I took some, but haven't been able to find them! I'll have to go back when there isn't bad weather. Her breeder is supposed to call me when she figures out Izzy's exact breeding, so then I can let you guys know what exactly she is ;) She's a mix of Appaloosa, Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse and Arab..but not sure how much. Her dad is quite the stud-muffin!


Here is the video from Wednesday (or maybe even Thursday)..she is such a little energy ball!


Izzy will be four weeks old on Monday, which is a huge deal. I can't believe it's almost been a month. It literally feels like I just got her last week! I guess that's because I've been running around and barely sleeping. Although, we've had a lot of help the last week :) Once it dries out, I'll take her out to the drive way so we can get a height on her and maybe calculate what she'll be when she's done growing.

I calculated how much it costs to feed her each day - $10-14. That's if she only eats two bottles a feeding, and goes two-three hours between feedings. We had a very generous donation of a 44lb bag of formula, that should last two weeks!


1 comment:

  1. Isabel's sire is a nice horse. When we've taken walks down past that pasture, he will come up to the fence in a friendly way that has really endeared him to me.

    ReplyDelete